porcelain paint fun

I thrifted a set of dessert plates and small candlesticks about a year ago with the intention of making a set of cupcake stands. Well, I finally got around to making them!

I felt inspired to paint a couple of pretty patterns with porcelain paint, which is permanent once baked in!

I mixed a little black paint with some white to create a pretty gray shade.
For the pinwheel pattern I created a stencil for even spacing.  I taped it to the plate as I painted.

After I painted the plates, I baked them in the oven to set the paint.  Then I used E6000 to glue the candlesticks to the bottom of the plates.

Very simple!

This pattern was inspired by the Kate Spade Market Street Collection

Now I have a set of six!


 Of course we had to test them out!
So this past weekend, in celebration of the final Harry Potter movie, my mom made some delish butterbeer cupcakes!  She used the recipe from Sweet Tooth! Highly recommend!
Makes me want to go back the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park and drink some yummy frozen butterbeer!

1 comments:

  1. Great idea! They look beautiful! How long did you bake the plates and at what temperature?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete