rock collection display

Remember when I posted inspiration pictures for rock collection displays?  

Well, I finally got around to making one with some of my favorite stones from my childhood collection!


It was really easy to make and I used stuff I already had on hand!

I painted a little wooden clementine crate with some left over gray paint.

Then I cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside the box, and wrapped it with linen.  I used hot glue to secure the fabric on the back.  


After I glued the fabric wrapped cardboard piece into the box, I carefully super glued the rocks onto the fabric in neat rows. 

Quick. Easy. Cheap. Cute. My fav kind of DIY!


It sits perfectly on my iron photo stand!



And today just so happens to been National Rock Collecting Day...ha

1 comments:

  1. This is great! I used to save rocks in a jewelry box. I have NO idea where it ended up; wish I could have done this!

    ReplyDelete