clean and modern with a splash of summer

A few weeks ago my mom asked me to help her come up with a design for a tablescape. Her church was having a ladies event, and different groups of women were supposed to decorate their own table. She knew she wanted to use the apothecary jars from my wedding and fruit that she could donate to the food closet after the event was over, but she needed help coming up with a budget friendly idea.

So I did a few quick sketches and made a list of everything she would need.

-3 apothecary jars and a large glass vase that she already had.
-limes, lemons, oranges
-dark blue taper candles
-silver candlesticks
-white china
-dark blue napkins
-white tablecloth
-blue and white striped fabric
-mirror boxes in varying sizes
-yellow flowers, silver branches, leafy greenery, and glass marbles for the floral arrangement






For the place setting I thought it would be cute to have their names written on limes with a silver paint marker.



For the floral arrangement, my idea was a pretty simple design. Something they could easily do on their own.



My mom emailed me pictures of the finished table! I thought it looked great! Exactly what I had envisioned. They couldn’t find mirror boxes but I think it actually looks better without them. They also added dark blue pillowcases over the chair backs, which is a great budget friendly finishing touch!







They did an amazing job! Wish I could have been there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment